Popular Posts

Monday, April 9, 2012

A Night To Be Remembered!

This year, for the Night to Be Much Observed, we celebrated at JP's and Anna's home. And what a celebration!

Sam was able to drop me off Friday around 11:00 in the morning so I was able to help prepare for the night--although, I must say, I don't think I was much help. For the 6 course meal, I made the bread.
And the boys helped. 

Little JP cut the circles, Luc placed them on Retti's head, and Retti ate them.

 
Meanwhile, Grandma G. dressed the lamb with rosemary and garlic. It was delicious!


Later, Uncle Sam surprised the kiddies with presents. A bike (with safety buckets) for each of the boys.

And a pillow for Amorette. Her pillow matches the ones we got for the boys a couple years ago.



 Once the bikes were put together, the boys gave it a go.


The boys are still learning how a bike works. I think Luc was surprised to learn that the bike doesn't "go" by itself. After a short while, I could tell he was ready to call it quits, but he kept on!


Meanwhile, Retti flashed a smile for me!


 As the evening approached, the lights were turned on. The boys contributed to the decorations too. Notice the stuffed animals in the trees.... :)

As guests arrived, they made themselves at home, enjoying some fellowship before dinner began.



Dinner began and we were merry.

It was a very enjoyable evening. Many thanks to JP and Anna for the invitation and for all the hard work that went into planning and preparing for this. You both made us feel so welcome and so comfortable! Thank you!

For the first day of Unleavened Bread, we were able to snap a picture of Anna and me. We don't have too many of those, and so here's one to share!




To see more pictures, click here.

5 comments:

  1. Great photos! Thanks. Wow, love Anna's decor....nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this post and all the photos (and text and special effects you added)! You must have your camera working and uploading again ;-). The bamboo at the Guillaume house is fabulous! Are they real plants JP had access to? I'll have to pump Anna for details on the string lights, planters, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments! Yes, Anna had beautiful decorations and I'm' sure she would love to tell you all about it! Yes, I think I've finally figured out the camera problem. :) Apparently, during my camera-recovery, Google updated their Picasa features. I like the new ones! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful setting for the guests for the night to be observed, and to honor God by observing this night. I love blue, but didn't get very creative since I was worn out from cleaning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was lovely evening. I haven't seen pictures from your Night--if you have any, I'd love to see them. :)

      Delete