Popular Posts

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Too Busy to Blog

It took me a couple years to catch on to what "scattered showers" really meant here in Tennessee...
                             

Where I grew up, the radius for rain was a little larger. But on this planet, one side of town can get soaked, while the other side is dry and clueless. I guess rain clouds out here are a little smaller.

Life must be boring if I'm talking about weather, right? 5 years ago, I would have thought the same thing.
But when Sam and I were dating, I couldn't help but notice that he talked about the weather a lot. One day, I finally asked, "Am I that boring that we're talking about the weather again?" So he explained, being in the roofing business, the weather is a huge part of his daily schedule. So everything I knew about "weather talk" being one of those telltale clues that shout "BORING!" went right out the window! And ever since, it's been part of our daily chats.

Speaking of weather and rain, it's been raining all week long. And when it lets up, it's still wet, grey and muggy. It's not very pleasant weather for riding the two-wheeler.

But it's the perfect kind of weather to curl up in a ball, snuggle under a blanket together, and let the one-eyed-monster suck our brains out. Since it hadn't rained in forever a month, we decided to do just that! Sam was so kind to sacrifice his space thriller for one of my "girly" movies: "Mirror Mirror."


My review: "It's pretty good."
Sam's review: "Not so much."

So if you were debating on watching the movie, that should help! BAH!

Other than the weather, there's been plenty going on--I just haven't taken the time to blog about it. There's been the weekly piano lessons (they're always a trip!),  voice lessons (that's right--did I forget to tell you about them?), discovering products like stain remover (one that actually works) and "Liquid Plumr" (to make life a little easier), working on building a better wardrobe, and purchasing a new motorcycle for Sam (I have yet to post about that one!).

Yes, it's good to be busy! But I'm pretty determined that no matter how busy we get, I'll stop in to make a post (still shooting for that once-a-week goal).

So until next time, happy trails! And here's my quote of the week, for all those who may get caught up in the stress of life and perhaps wonder why every day the remote seems to be on repeat:



No comments:

Post a Comment