Popular Posts

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Siblings

We had a visit from my brother, Jordan, last week. What a wonderful treat!

He arrived early Thursday morning and like a good sister, I made him breakfast. And like a good brother, he ate it.


He had just been to a concert (Boston) and relived it all for me--and after singing along at the concert in my kitchen, I was hoarse too (and stayed pretty hoarse for the next couple days). After which, he found the piano and began playing some tunes. We had a good 30 minute laugh over just how out of tune Kimball is! Because I only tinker (and perhaps I just don't have the ear for it), I don't notice how bad it really is. But notice, Jordan makes it sound so good!

When Sam got home from work, we decided to go out for our first drinks with Jordan--finally! Turning 21 is a big deal. Jordan and I followed Sam to Buffalo Wild Wings 

and ordered a few appetizers to go along with our drinks. Cheers!



After getting stuffed, we got back home and it was time for Sam to give Jordan a 3D experience! They watched Avatar (one of Sam's favourite movies) on Sam's fairly new 3D tv.  

While they watched the blue people/animals, I was able to get a few house chores done.

The following day was Sam's "office" day at the house--to get all of his paperwork from the week done. Well, apparently, Ellises can be rather loud when we get together (okay, even when we're not together, lol). So what a perfect excuse to go ice skating!

After our yummy breakfast of waffles,

there was peace and quiet for Sam as he pined away in his office, while Jordan and I roared in our crazy laughter all the way to the rink and back!  

Between our laughing spells, we listened to (and jammed along with) some old favourite hits that I hadn't heard in forever. We sported our shades passing people (I'm wearing Jordan's 3D glasses he got from a theatre. He's wearing his safety glasses. Super cool.).

We arrived at the rink in one piece. :) We were the first ones on the ice and practically had the rink to ourselves the whole time! There were about 15 people including us. Can't complain about that!



The rink is only open for 3 hours at a time, so after our full three hours on the ice we'd had a lot of our energy sucked out of us with the addition of a few scattered bruises. But as always, it was worth it!

I didn't get a picture of dinner, but I fixed barbecue chicken, peas and corn (upon request), and sweet potatoes. Delish! Oh, and we had my famous key lime pie for desert--finished off by none other than Jordan! 

We had a Bible Study the next day so we had to get up early. I think we all slept pretty good that night--but had a hard time getting up in the morning. It was a long day--but great! I found myself hogging Jordan..."everyone, meet my brother, Jordan!" Everyone was so warm and welcoming to him. And our good friend Kristen was back in town--it's great to have her back in the area! For lunch, we went out to Ruby Tuesday's. Fellowshipped, had the pm service, fellowshipped more then trekked back home.


After our goodbye hugs and invisible tears, Jordan was on his way back to Kansas.





Through Jordan's stay with us, we discovered that Jordan and I are twins--only five years apart. What do they call that? Just "siblings" I guess.

Happy trails!



1 comment:

  1. H Sarah...I really enjoyed the cyber visit with Jordan. I'm listening to him playing the piano. He's very good at it. I'm glad he had a wonderful visit with you and Sam. :)

    ReplyDelete