Popular Posts

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Cockamamy

That's right. That's what he called my BRILLIANT idea. Cockamamy.

I laughed because I thought Sam was just making up a word. But how could I doubt him? If you know Sam, you know that he has a rather eclectic vocabulary. So when I realized cockamamy was seriously a word in the dictionary, I had to laugh at myself!

And a week later, what I remember most is my new vocabulary word and not my brilliant idea. Perhaps someone had a point...?


I have an alarm clock from another world (yes, let's use our new word and call it cockamamy!). For two days it spoofed me. For two days, bright and early "4:00" was really 3:00. And for two days I sleepily bumbled through the day because that one hour difference (try it sometime...you'll see). Each night I reset the clock to the proper time and each morning it somehow changed on me.


But after a little patience....

...I fixed it.

Typically, you can set a digital clock to read 1-12 or 1-24 hours. As it turns out, this handy dandy little machine can read 1-11 hours, made for all those aliens who are having a hard time adjusting to that extra hour. What a special little clock we have.

Three weeks into the blogosphere and I'm already sputtering on empty.


2 comments:

  1. Oh, poor Sarah. I can sympathize with you,especially today. This morning, on Sabbath, I was wide awake at 3 am...actually, it was at 2:30 am. For half an hour I tried to convince myself to go back to sleep, but self wanted to be obstinate. Then later in the day during Mr. Ron Fraser's sermon I hoped I didn't conk-out, but the sermon was pretty interesting so I didn't. I can't imagine waking up at 3 am for more than one morning. I'm glad you got the situation taken care of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, actually GETTING UP at 3 wasn't the hard part. It was usally around 3, 4, or 5 in the afternoon that was the kicker. :) Isn't it funny (rather "crazy") how you find yourself talking to yourself in the early morning hours: "just go back to sleep, Sarah." "What do you mean you can't?" "Just close your eyes and be still." "What do you mean that doesn't help?" :) Sorry to hear you were having trouble too, but with your internal clock.

    ReplyDelete