Popular Posts

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

"I have the itchy writing finger"....

How to begin.....?

I suppose a decent and perhaps common beginning would be to start by telling why I've created a blog, what inspired me, and what my purpose is in doing this. I don't have any one-single inspiration or purpose in this. A general response might be: It is a way that family and friends can be updated with what's going on in our lives--which is true. But selfishly, writing is a hobby of mine. At several different intervals of my life, I kept a journal. A couple months ago, I came across my early teen years--I almost can't believe that was me! How people change--and how thankful I am that we DO change. But after reading through some of them, it brought back my desire to pick up a pen and write! Though I've settled for a keyboard.

I am such a visual person and I enjoy pictures. They express a story, or a statement. For a while now, I've posted pictures in an album online. And if I want to expound on the picture, captions are an option. At the same time, I have the itchy writing finger.


So what about blogging, and where did I get my inspiration?

There are a couple different blogs I have been "following" (seems a little creepy saying that outloud) and I really enjoy their blogs! It could be that they're such creative writers, or perhaps their lives are so interesting....and then when I saw a post about a toothbrush song (you know who you are!) I decided that no, even those with nothing to write about can make a blog interesting.


When I was younger, I always had a journal. However, through the years, my daily logs turned into every other day, and eventually, once a month, once a year, and soon, non-existent. So this morning when I woke up with the idea, "I'm going to start a blog!" I realized that my zealous goal of "a blog a day" is sure to be short-lived. After some more thought, I have concluded that "a blog a week" is a little more practical. Let's hope I can keep up with this even if I do have zombie-like and uninteresting weeks. And I'm sure I will have my moments of writers block--can you have that with a blog?
Life as a wife can be VERY interesting. And I mean that in a very positive way. But I'll leave that as flavor for my next blog...next week.
I am looking forward to sharing recipes, blessings, and so much more with anyone who wants to come along for the ride! :)
Having said all that, let me just close by saying, I really did liked the "toothbrush song" blog! :) and I was glad they shared such a precious moment that brought back memories of my own.
So until next time, happy trails!

9 comments:

  1. We are looking forward to learning more about you two. Looking forward to sharing in your blogs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey thanks you guys! I'm new to this whole blogging thing, so bear with me. :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Sarah...I've enjoyed your blog so far and look forward to reading it often. The diet information sounds intriguing. Maybe you wil share more of that too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I will try to keep updates going....especially with the diet. Eating healthy (or, trying to) is such a big part of our lives. :) Thank for reading!

      Delete
  3. Welcome to the blogosphere! You're quick and good with a camera, so that will serve you well in future posts. When nothing exciting or interesting enough to write about has happened, we'll expect funny or cute or fascinating photos ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I've been trying to catch up on your own blog--as mentioned, I've been more into posting pictures than giving verbal updates with a blog. :) You guys have really come along way with your house...and I wanted to say, I love your boot scraper! Genius!

      Delete
  4. Sarah thank you for inviting me to read your blog. I am looking forward to seeing what you decide to write about. I can already see you write well and have the potential of taking everyday events and making them interesting to read.
    (in case you don't recognize my Google name)Hugs, Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha! No, I did not recognize your code-name. Thanks for cluing me in. :) I've got some ideas already for a few more blogs, but every time I go at something "guns blazing," I tend to fizzle out (as I mentioned with my journal). This time, perhaps I'll make my ideas stay a step ahead of my posts so that I'm not left on empty. :) Thanks for your comment!

      Delete
  5. Ditto! I'm SUPER excited you started a blog..isn't it fun?! :-) Always have loved your writing and look forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete