Popular Posts

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Eureka!

It's my new little helper. Miss Eureka. She's not the latest thing on the shelf, for sure. Still, a new toy makes cleaning a little more exciting and enjoyable. Once we pieced her all together, I gave her a test run. I told Sam, "I think she's self-propelled!" He laughed. Don't be silly, I saw him thinking. So he took her for a spin. He looked at me, eyes wide: "I think she is self-propelled!" All she needs now is auto-pilot.

Mr. Hoover hadn't quite petered out yet, but he's getting there. Instead of throwing him, out, we've decided to render his services for our basement cleaning where Sam and I spent a good part of the day, Sunday, cleaning, laying carpet, and rearranging the gym. We had new carpet put in the upstairs of the house, and so we used a good piece of the old carpet for the gym. You can see Mr. Hoover is nicely settled back there.


It's hard to notice in a picture, but the new carpet upstairs has made a world of difference!


Other random things:

Malcolm and Ingrid's birdlets (thanks for that one, Mom!) left home. So did Wilfred and Patsy's. Dorris and Clyde's have yet to hatch. I can't wait till they're gone! I know that sounds cruel, but seriously, I can't seem to water the fern without flooding the nest. I've been practicing different angles of watering every day so that when the eggs hatch, I don't end up drowning them. *Gulp*

I finally got around to painting our no-longer-faded window boxes. I also replanted them with begonias.

 Sam created a rock base for the flower pot at the end of our drive.

Another of Sam's visions: white petunias to match our purple ones.

And finally, I had a good reminder this week that I have a LOT of help on my side in this life's journey. Everyone has their trials. But when you're suddenly having a great week, do you ever wonder why? I just had to stop and think about it....



No comments:

Post a Comment